First and foremost, the inspection team must understand the structure being inspected. A professional drone inspection company will…
- Understand the tensile and compressive stresses and strain areas of a structure
- Identify types of concrete and masonry cracks, scaling, flaking and crazing etc.
- Understand fibreglass and composite material deterioration (stress cracks, oxidation, de-lamination etc.)
- Know how to identify types of corrosion and where it may be of concern
- Have the skills to inspect weld defects, cracks, porosity, weld profiles etc.
- Be able to quickly identify structural safety issues and concerns
- Know how to identify lightning strike damage and corona discharge etc.
- Be able to suggest appropriate followup NDT inspection (MPI, PT, UT, etc.)